In My Pack2 min read
Every hunter has his/her reasons for the items they carry. Sometimes it’s simply personal preference while other times it’s a deep felt passion for that brand. Me, I fit in both categories. All has come from LOTS of trial and error!
Below is a list of items, with links, that I use.
- Bow – Bear Divergent EKO
- Sight – Trophy Ridge React Pro 5 Pin Bow Sight
- Rest – Trophy Ridge Sync MD Drop Away
- Release –
- Arrows –
- Broadheads – 100 grain SIK F3 3-Blade Cut on Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead
- Styrka – 8×42 S7. Superior glass, lifetime warranty
Camo & Boots
- Camo – Treezyn Early Seezyn Gen 2
- Boots – Crispi Thor II GTX. These are BY FAR the most comfortable boot I’ve ever hunted with!
- Socks – Darn Tough Boot Cushion Sock
- Elk Mouth Calls – Rocky Mountain Radar GTP 3 Pack
- Bugle Tube – Rocky Mountain Wapiti Whacker Bugle
- Water Bladder (Clean Water) – Platypus Hoser Hands-Free Hydration System Water Reservoir
- Water Bladder (Dirty Water) – Cnoc Outdoors 2020 VECTO 2L Water Container, 28mm Thread
- Water Filter – Sawyer Products Micro Squeeze Water Filtration System
- Toothbrush – TOOB Brush with baking soda.
- Backpack – for the majority of the hunt, I use a Zpacks Arc Blast 55L. This thing is crazy light at just over 1lbs!
- Hammock – Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
- Top & Bottom Quilt (20 degree) – Warbonnet Diamondback & Warbonnet Wooki
- Tarp – Zpack Hammock Tarp w/ Doors. Great solution for bivy sack users at only 9oz!
- Meat Hauling – ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Lite
- Head Lamp – OLIGHT H1R
- Meals – Mountain House & Next High Meals (low carb)
- GPS – Garmin inReach MINI
- Watch – Garmin Instinct
- Tenacious Tape – Great for all sorts of repairs (sleeping bags, jackets, etc)
- Camera – Canon M6
- Battery Bank – Charmast Power Delivery Power Bank 26800mAh